Girlfriendit is a Leadership Development Movement for Women. Rallying You To Remarkable!
The season is here! Can you believe it? Christmas came back around faster than last year! ‘Tis the season of family, joy, peace, and celebration! Are you feeling it? Are you feeling it?? Hello...??? Exactly. Why is it so often a time of stress and anxiety instead of peace? On one hand, I (Patty) am savoring the magical moments:
- Hosting my annual college Christmas party
- Running the 5k Jingle Jog with friends and family
- Christmas dinners and ornament exchange parties
- Spending time with my family and extended family
- Christmas Recitals
- Serving others and giving good gifts
- Oh yeah . . . I can’t forget the festive fingernail-painting.
Brainstorming significant tips and topics are one of our favorite pastimes. Sometimes we feel as though we talk about certain subjects too often, but as we near the close of 2013, we could not help ourselves from revisiting the topic of vision casting. We all need to prepare for 2014! Repetition is significant and we need to be reminded:
- Why are we doing this?
- Why are we talking about this?
- Why do we need to do this right now?
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. Henry David Thoreau Soooo . . . what do you see?? How do you "see" life, your family, friends, ministry, your church? Did you know?
- One-third of Americans attend church weekly . . .
- Research show that Americans between the ages of 36 and 50 are more loyal to religion than Baby Boomers . . .
- Pew reports a rapid increase in individuals who do not identify with any religion - - up nearly 5% in 5 years. . .
- Forty percent of new churches fail within the first year and 80 percent go under in five years...
- A 2010 study found that church attendance is associated with a decrease risk of Alzheimer’s disease . . .